Saturday, September 30, 2006

A Teacher’s Tour of YouTube

Wow! edutopia is hot today. I don't think that I've ever written them up twice in a semester, much less a day.

This is a quick introduction to YouTube (http://www.youtube.com). If you haven't heard of it, you will. With just about everyone having a videocamera these days (most new cell phones have them built in), this site is one of the most popular on the Web. So much so, that it is threatening market share from the networks with younger audiences.

Check it out.

2 comments:

Ioana Larco said...

This is a very informative introduction to YouTube. I heard of YouTube and I'm also planning on using it in class. I think that it can be a powerful instrument for language teaching and learning and I agree with the author of the article/post that it can have pros and cons, so a very careful and supervised use of it for/by students is useful and rather indicated. But I guess this is also the case, more or less, with any material we find out there on the web and decide to use for educational purpose.

Dan said...

No doubt Ioana. There is danger out there in the world. Rather than shielding students, we should teaching them to navigate it safely.

Dan

Post a Comment